excel help

moorie 19:21 04 May 06

thanks for the help thus far,i now have 4 spreadsheets with individual sppliers that i can search and find via product code, now is there a way of having all 4 spreadsheets as one ,fully searchable via edit,my initial attempts have been unsuccessful as trying to copy into one sheet the cells are all different sizes,i can however open all 4 and switch between them to search for individual supplier codes.
i tried adding sheets to one supplier but seemed to lose thesearch via edit?regsDarren

VoG II 19:31 04 May 06

When you say 4 spreadsheets, do you mean 4 files or 4 sheets within the same file?

The easiest - by far - approach is to consolidate all of the data into a single sheet.

"the cells are all different sizes" - can't you simply adjust the row heights and column widths to suit. Or do you mean something else?

Forum Editor 19:34 04 May 06

For the record it's best to keep all posts about a specific problem in the original thread. If you start another one - as you've done here - it will mean very little to people who didn't see the first thread.

I'll leave this open for now, but could you find your original thread and do this please?

1. Click in the title bar and highlight the address.

2. Right click and select 'copy'

3. Come back to this thread, go to the 'add new response' box and right click.

4. Select 'paste' and watch your first thread's title appear.

5. Click the 'Post response' button.

Now we'll all see a 'click here' link, and anyone who's interested can pick up the story.

Thanks.

moorie 19:46 04 May 06

it is now 4 sheets within 1 file vog ican search via switching between sheets but obviously if they were within one sheet it would speed up the process,but saying that it is not overly difficult switching between the sheets
Darren

VoG II 19:50 04 May 06

Well, why not insert a new sheet, format the cells how you wish. Then go to your other sheets (one at a time), select all the data and click the copy button. Go to your new sheet, click in the first empty row in column A and click the paste button.

moorie 20:05 04 May 06

hi when i do this i can copy and paste the first sheet but the second sheet cant because its a different size and suggests clicking on a single cell etc? in anticipation VoG youve been a star so far

Jackcoms 20:12 04 May 06

You've been asked to link the rest of us to your original thread by the FE.

Are you going to comply so that we can all follow this story??

VoG II 20:15 04 May 06

If you just click in a single cell then click Paste it should work.

If the file does not contain state secrets, your bank account details etc then I'll happily look at the file for you. Click on my yellow envelope of you want to do this.

VoG II 20:17 04 May 06

It isn't really linked but click here

click here

moorie 20:20 04 May 06

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…