Excel Help

mackaycc 12:34 28 May 04

Using Excel 2000 I have encountered a strange problem. A user has managed to turn every row in his workbook to gray. I have checked the colour options and these are not to blame. There are no macros set and no custom views. Does anyone have any idea how this could be sorted? This problem only seems to be associated with the one file. Also, when the workbook is viewed on a different computer, the symptoms disappear.

Simsy 13:30 28 May 04

but a workaround might be to copy the sheet(s) to a new workbook and then see if that new workbook is OK.

Depending n the relationship between formulae on the different sheets, (if there are more than one), you may find this gets you out of this mess.

I successfully used this method with a different problem that was only associated wih 1 file some time ago.

good luck,

pj123 13:33 28 May 04

What operating system? I only know Win98SE. Has he changed the background colour in Display Properties?

mackaycc 14:45 28 May 04

I have already copied all data over to another spreadsheet and the data is fine. I would like to attempt to find the root of the problem though. This has happened to 3 different files but the rest of the excel files on his pc remain unaffected.

VoG II 22:29 28 May 04

1) Have they set a conditional format somewhere?

2) Try Detect and Repair from the Help menu.

Simsy 23:16 28 May 04

"when the workbook is viewed on a different computer, the symptoms disappear."

Is it using the same version of Excel in each case?

Cesar 10:48 29 May 04

Go to Tools>Format>cells and click on the Patterns Tab in the sample box check the colour
and set it to white if white is not already selected.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…