Excel - Header and footer conundrum

Mike D 13:00 10 Jan 05

Is it possible to change the font colour in the Header and Footer in an Excel spreadsheet? I can see options to change the font style, size, embolden, italicise etc., but no mention of font colour.

One of my students has posed this question, so my credibiity hangs on this (not!).

Mike

Molded 13:09 10 Jan 05

I am using Office 2003 and the answer unfortunately is no!

stlucia 13:39 10 Jan 05

But you can use an image as a header, so maybe you can create your required text in Paint, save it as an image, and then use it as the header?

Durko 14:25 10 Jan 05

You could try the MrExcel.com website and do a search on the message board.

Fellsider 14:25 10 Jan 05

Another alternative would be to put the coloured header on the first (or last) row, either as coloured text or using the draw facility and adjusting the row height as necessary.

Next leave enough space as required before the details of the spreadsheet(checking the layout in preview).

Finally, Before printing, reduce the top (or bottom) margin to 0.5cm and print.

I dare say some printers may not accept the margin at 0.5cm but mine (Lexmark) didn't object.

Mike D 15:08 10 Jan 05

Thanks folks. I know it's not really resolved yet, but I will try the Mr Excel site or, failing that the excellent suggestions that you have made.

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…