Excel has gone grey !!!

Dirk Diggler 12:56 16 Nov 04

Bit of a query from a work colleague if I may. We have a number of Shard Folders that different users can access. In one is an excel program which is working fine for all users except one. On opening the file the whole sheet is gray (similar to when excel is open but with no actual file open), you cannot select any cells etc. I have checked that no Rows / Columns etc are hidden and have tried all the possible views. However, when I select Print Preview the whole sheets is there for all to see.

Any advice please on what it could be before I go even madder

PA28 13:05 16 Nov 04

Bit like my hair! Is the sheet containing hidden or protected cells for some reason?

Dirk Diggler 13:16 16 Nov 04

Thanks anyway

cherria 15:24 16 Nov 04

Its possible that it is opening either out of the workspace (don't aske me how this happens but I have seen it)

Try selecting Window->Arrange Tiled

it may appear then.

Cook2 17:24 16 Nov 04

I saw something similar when someone at work had messed about and changed the ink to white.

Try selecting all cells by clicking in the blank space above the 1 and to the left of A, if this works you will see a 'ghost' of the contents. If you do just change ink to black.

Stuartli 17:32 16 Nov 04

You must have one of the older versions.....:-)

If the last user on that machine saved it in a different state then the following suggestion might not be a straw.

Try Format Column Unhide and/or Format Row Unhide

with crossed fingers

VoG II 21:29 16 Nov 04

On the menu bar, click Window, then on the name of the file. It may have been minimized.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…