Excel Guru's..a quicky pls!!!

spanneress 14:57 09 Aug 04

Have been passed several huuuuuge spreadsheets in Excel...have totally forgotten how to lock the title row...tried freezing the panes but it froze columns 1-12...I just want to freeze row 1, columns A -J...please please save me from launching my best china at the door...aaarrgh!!

Thanks in advance.

(calm now)

cga 15:02 09 Aug 04

File- Page Setup - Sheet

I hope that ios what you want

pj123 15:06 09 Aug 04

Qickest I know is: just above the Up and Down scroll bars on the right hand side of screen is a very small grey button. Hold your mouse on it and you should get a doubleheaded arrow. Drag it down to below the title row and let go.

spanneress 15:07 09 Aug 04

Thanks!! But that is to repeat the titles when printing...as the spreadsheets are hhunders of lines long..I wish to be able to scroll down the page at will and still see the titles (so that I know what the cell should contain)...

spanneress 15:08 09 Aug 04

Cheers - my above reply was to cga not pj..will try now...if you hear crashing and cussing in an extremely unladylike fashion...it hasn't worked.

VoG II 15:09 09 Aug 04

Click in cell A2. Window/Freeze panes

spanneress 15:10 09 Aug 04

PJ you are a star, a gentleman and a vey nice bloke.

spanneress 15:11 09 Aug 04

PS..you too VoG.

What does it stand for by the way???

cga 15:12 09 Aug 04

Sorry -I misunderstood your question.

For the left/right lock the small grey button is to the right of the bottom scroll bar.

spikeychris 15:12 09 Aug 04

Very Old Git. And he is.

spanneress 15:14 09 Aug 04

OK...not to be too cheeky..but if I wanted to frees=ze row 1 (which I have) AND column A..how do I do this??

Use it or lose it..I taught Excel for years eons ago...sigh......

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…