Excel Formulas Tuition

field divison 13:01 13 Jul 05

Hi all,
I have been using excel sheet's now for many a year but on a more basic level, now I want to learn on how to do formulas. For 1 example I have 15 sheets on 1 opened book but 1 of the sheets is an overview of all the other 14 sheets, I simply want to enter data in each of the 14 sheets and it does an over all calculation into the overview sheet. So this is really a 2 Question thread.

Does anyone know of the best way to go about this?

I have also pasted this into the more Absolute Beginners Helproom as im not sure at what level it begins to be an Absolute beginners query and a main helproom query.

Many thanks in advance

Belatucadrus 13:18 13 Jul 05

Not a specific answer to your question, but these may be of some use.

click here

click here

click here

click here

GroupFC 13:27 13 Jul 05

Another one click here.

VoG™ is an expert on the workings of Excel and if he is around at the moment I am sure that he is composing his reply!

One way of getting the data from the 14 sheets to the overview sheet is by making links on the overview sheet to the relevant cells in the other sheets. Depending on the volume of data this could be quite time consuming and I am not sure that it is the most elegant solution!

Durko 13:32 13 Jul 05

How's your worksheets laid out?

What type of overall calculation do you want? sum,average,mutiply,division etc?

Depending on the calculation you want it's possible to "Link Worksheets" together to update an overall sheet.

Durko

field divison 14:06 13 Jul 05

Thanks Guys, I will check it out...
Durko its a simple Addition within all sheets to go into the overview sheet..

VoG II 14:38 13 Jul 05

To sum the cells in A1 on sheets 1 to 15, on sheet15 enter the formula:

=SUM('Sheet1'!A1,'Sheet2'!A1,'Sheet3'!A1,'Sheet4'!A1,'Sheet5'!A1,'Sheet6'!A1,'Sheet7'!A1,'Sheet8'!A1,'Sheet9'!A1,'Sheet10'!A1,'Sheet11'!A1,'Sheet12'!A1,'Sheet13'!A1,'Sheet4'!A1)

VoG II 14:39 13 Jul 05

Anyway, you should get the idea...

VoG II 14:50 13 Jul 05

Basic guide to Excel click here

field divison 15:18 13 Jul 05

Well guys that gives me plenty of homework, all very useful and thxs VoG for the formula...

Kind Regards

field divison

field divison 15:18 13 Jul 05

Well guys that gives me plenty of homework, all very useful and thxs VoG for the formula...

Kind Regards

field divison

field divison 15:20 13 Jul 05

Kind Regards

field divison

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…