Excel formula and functions

jjss 09:28 19 May 04

I work for a Care Home and I'm busy trying to drag our admin into this century IT wise. Can anyone recommend a user friendly reference type book that has more than the basic formula and functions for Excel. I'm aware there is much more to Excel than the basics that you might learn on an ECDL course and that there are generally solutions for just about anything.
Thanks for your thoughts

Cesar 10:02 19 May 04

click here and scroll down the left hand column "Mr Excel on Excel" is a very good book.

Eric10 10:07 19 May 04

If you search on Google for the words "excel" and "tutorial" there is a great of free help on offer, or browse the shelves of any decent bookshop or even PC World.

Taff36 10:08 19 May 04

click here A good Web Site.

On the subject of books I suggest you visit PC World (or equivalent) and have a look at some of the books available. Some are so complicated that they are next to useless others are very user friendly. (Excel for Dummies is good)

Also check out some of the training CD Roms. Teaching You series is well worth the money and I have passed these to my employees to work through at home. click here

Simsy 10:15 19 May 04

the following "dictionary" is excellent.

click here

There are also several links on the page to other sites of interest.

Regards,

Simsy

GroupFC 12:24 19 May 04

I am with Simsy on this one - wouldn't be without it!

jjss 17:10 19 May 04

Thanks for your thoughts and putting me on the right trail. I'll leave the thread open a bit longer to see what any of the 'night owls' may come up with, but thanks again

Simsy 21:34 20 May 04

This is a thread with "EXCEL" in the title, and no sign of VoG!!

You ok VoG??

Regards,

Simsy

hulber_j 22:10 20 May 04

I strongly recommend the books by John Walkenbach on Excel and on Excel VBA. He is definitely my favorite Excel author. His web site is also well worth a visit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…