Excel Formatting

sms 16:43 06 Jan 04

Is it possible to set the number of columns and rows in an individual worksheet.
eg 50 columns and 50 rows.
Will this effect all other excel worksheets.

Thanks

Air_Man 17:06 06 Jan 04

Good question sms - one I've asked many times and never found the answer! In 8 years of Excel use at work, I've never managed it - I usually resort to either deleting all extra rows (normally 60k+) and all extra columns (last is IV). That, or I grey the additional rows and columns, remove the row and column headers and protect the sheet. Both methods I consider "cheating" but the result is much more usable and pleasing to the eye.

Anyone else know anything more professional??

VoG II 18:50 06 Jan 04

I don't know any other way, Air_Man. That's the way I've done it too!

short-circuit 21:09 06 Jan 04

Is it that you want to set a sheet with a fixed number of columns and rows visible and that you have to do this procedure frequently?

Could you not make the adjustments to one blank sheet and then save the Workbook as a template, so that whenever you needed this workbook, or sheet again, you could make a brand new workbook already with the specified limitations on columns and rows.

I just tried hiding all the columns on one worksheet after Z and then saved the Workbook as a template and I can now get the same set up any time I want... or is it something else you wanted to do?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…