Excel - Find and Replace Question.

oo7juk 13:23 07 Sep 05

When using the above function how do you program excel to highlight the chosen cell with a colour.

I want to set excel to turn a cell a particular colour when it finds the data I'm searching for.

Also can this be set to a default option?

Thank you.

dave_and_confused 13:27 07 Sep 05

For the first part click on the Options at the bottom right. Then you can specify Font, Colour etc for the Replace.

Not sure about making it the default.

oo7juk 14:56 07 Sep 05

Thanks for that. But all I'm wanting to do is enter my data and once excel finds it, the cell is then highlighted.

Simsy 16:38 07 Sep 05

what you probably want is "conditional formatting", but you'd have to do this to the cells in question beforehand...

Basically the principle is that you "conditionally format" the cells with an instruction that goes along the line of;

"If the value of this cell is 9 make my background red"

Do your search and find, replacing 8 with 9, and then all the cell with the value 9 should have a red background.

That's the principle, but I suspect you need it to be a bit more specific, or possibly the range of cells might be constantly varying.

Conditional Format is via the "Format" menu.

Does this help at all?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…