Excel files slow to load when running from Explore

Ian 20:56 02 Jan 03
  Ian 20:56 02 Jan 03

I have a networked PC running Win 98 with Office 2000. Double clicking an Excel (or Word) file from within Windows Explorer results in a two minute wait for the file to open.
Opening the same file from within Excel or dragging the file into Excel works as fast as normal.
Running the same file from the same location (ie on the "slow" computer) on another computer with the same set up works as fast as ever so there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the files on the problem computer.
I have tried Office Repair, System File Checker, replacing the Explorer exe file from the relevant cab file, checking the parameters for Excel files in Folder options, looking through the registry for anything untoward.
Nothing has made a difference.
Publisher 2000 files run as fast as ever from Explorer as do other programs' files, it just seems to be Excel and Word files.
Any ideas?

VoG™ 21:19 02 Jan 03

These might give you a clue click here click here click here and this which I think might be a wind-up click here

Ian 21:43 02 Jan 03

Thanks. Had a look but my problem isn't with any particular file, it doesn't matter how large the file is and it happens with both Excel and Word

Ian 21:39 14 Jan 03

Looks like the problem solved itself. It may have had something to do with Kodak digital camera software which linked in to Windows Explorer as since I reinstalled this the problem has gone away

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…