Excel up,down, left & right

TonyV 18:01 13 Oct 07

I have been having some problems with a Logitech wireless mouse/keyboard package. It has been working fine for a considerable tine now, but last week the keyboard gave up the ghost and would not function at all. I have now bought a Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 6000 Keyboard and Mouse package.

Everything seems fine, but when I went in Excel 2000 and tried to do some work, I could not move from cell to cell using the up/down/left and right buttons.

Anyone any ideas as to what to do to resolve it? Maybe Detect & Repair, but thought there night be some formatting problem that has caused the problem.

Thanks

TonyV

johnnyrocker 18:22 13 Oct 07

depends on your os and how you installed it

johnny.

VoG II 18:31 13 Oct 07

Do the arrow keys function correctly in other applications?

TonyV 18:37 13 Oct 07

I did exactly what it said on the tin including re-starting after installation. So that bit was fine. The thing that was throwing me was that the buttons were working fine on every other application but not Excel.

However, I was called for tea a few moments ago and switched the machine off again. After sustenance, I came back and switched the machine on again and lo and behold, the keys are now working in Excel.

I'm not sure why, but I will not question it now and will check the resolved spot. Incidentally, the OS is XP SP2.

Thanks

TonyV

TonyV 18:38 13 Oct 07

Thanks for coming back. As you can see, all is now right with the world again!

Cheers

TonyV

johnnyrocker 18:41 13 Oct 07

great stuff have a good weekend.

johnny

TonyV 18:57 13 Oct 07

Will do! (Particularly with England v France tonight.)

TonyV

johnnyrocker 19:00 13 Oct 07

right on!!

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now