Excel Date Formula

2stroketim 20:45 10 Nov 07

I record the date of when I send a out a letter to customers, I send up to 25 of these letters a day. Once 28 days passes inc weekends I need to send out a reminder to the customers that receive the letters and then another 28 days later send out a second reminder . The ver of Excel I am using is 2002. Is there a formula I can type in to calculate the above?

Thanks in anticipation
Tim

GroupFC 21:00 10 Nov 07

I am not sure if I have completely understood the question but:-

In column A you have the date of the original,
in column b enter a1+28 and in column c enter b1+28. Make sure that all the cells format is sent is set to date.

2stroketim 21:25 10 Nov 07

Great - this works a treat - thanks

VoG II 21:32 10 Nov 07

This assumes that you enter a letter reference or something similar in column A. This will automatically add the date, date + 28 days and date + 56 days in columns B to D. Right click the sheet tab and select View Code. Copy and paste in

Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
If Target.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub
If Target.Column = 1 Then
Application.EnableEvents = False
Target.Offset(0, 1).Value = Date
Target.Offset(0, 2).Value = Date + 28
Target.Offset(0, 3).Value = Date + 56
Application.EnableEvents = True
End If
End Sub

thern close the code window. Make sure that columns B:D are formatted as Date then try entering something in column A.

GroupFC 12:54 11 Nov 07

As usual, the Excel expert comes up with a much more elegant solution!

Anyway, glad to have been of service - don't forget to the green tick!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…