EXCEL Column Problems

Buzzard905 11:18 06 Jan 09

Up until recently my colomns in excel were coming up as normal (A,B,C....etc)but now they are displayed as numerical values (so instead of A1 it displays R1C1).I've had a gander at the formatting and can't see where this can be changed.
All my previous Excel docs. are coming up this way now which is a pain for formulas.
Any pointers greatly appreciated.

TonyV 11:21 06 Jan 09

Open a spreadsheet, then Tools/Options/General and uncheck R1C1 option. See if that works.

TonyV

Buzzard905 11:26 06 Jan 09

Cheers Tony but that only works on the one that I have opened.If I open any other excel file it opens by default in the R1C1 mode.

TonyV 11:59 06 Jan 09

That's interesting because the Help files state that the R1C1 system is un-checked as a default setting. There doesn't appear to be a way of altering that particular setting for Excel as a normal preference. May be you will have to wait for VoG to come on!

Cheers

TonyV

TonyV 12:01 06 Jan 09

The other alternative is Detect & Repair Excel under the Help button.

TonyV

Buzzard905 12:04 06 Jan 09

We'll see what happens - Im on a company server and there was an update lately that I had to install via the server.I think what has happened is that (as you say) the R1C1 has been selected as default incorrectly on this EXCEL that I have installed.
I've contacted our helpdesk and await with baited breath (turning bluer by the minute!).

TonyV 12:10 06 Jan 09

Lets hope they sort it for you.

TonyV

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…