Excel and colour

Taw® 20:57 16 Jun 04

I was recently given an excel sheet for risk Assessment, all set up cos i know nothing. Any how one of the cells reads High,Medium or low depending on the input of other cells.Thing is when I got it the writing was in red as opposed to black to highlight it. Since then I have obviously changed something because this cell is now in black. Hope that is straight forward and thanks in advance

VoG II 20:59 16 Jun 04

Does it appear in black whether it says High, Medium or Low? It may have been set up with Conditional Formatting to change the font colour depending on the content of the cell.

Taw® 21:10 16 Jun 04

VoG™ they originally all appeared red whether High Medium or Low and now they all appear black. However if it is not to much bother only having the high appear in red would be more useful to my needs.

VoG II 21:27 16 Jun 04

Click in the cell, Format/Conditional Formatting.

In the dialog box that should pop up the first drop down should be set to "Cell value is" (the default).

In the next dialog box select Equal to

In the third enter ="High"

Click the Format button. Click the drop down for Color and pick Red. Click OK twice.

Taw® 21:41 16 Jun 04

many thanks for that VoG™ should you ever be in my neighbourhood i'll buy you a drink

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…