Excel cell sizing

Craig.m 10:46 20 Dec 05

Typing in a cell would usually let the text go to the right of the cell if it was larger than the cell size, if I tick wrap text it would normally wrap the text to keep the cell width but expand the height of the cell to accommodate the text. This is OK when it is working. I have had a question from someone (hence I can't actually see their sheet, where the text is on wrap but the cell is not automatically changing it's height and therefore all the text is not visible.

I have had a try on Excel to recreate this problem but it won't reproduce. Would anybody know how to make a cell stay the same size and not expand (vertically) to show all the text contained - that way I will know how to make it behave in the normal way.

I have scoured the formatting and can find nothing that would give that result.

Craig

Big Elf 10:49 20 Dec 05

If the row or column width is changed then the text wrapping option doesn't seem to work.

Big Elf 10:58 20 Dec 05

Further testing indicates that it's if row AND column width is changed. (Excel 2000)

Craig.m 10:59 20 Dec 05

Just had a quick fiddle and that is indeed correct, if you then go into the Format and row, then tell it to autofit, it puts it back as it was. Having turned off for the holidays I couldn't remember where I was heading to sort the problem.

Thanks for jogging my memory, it seems OK now

Craig

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…