Excel: Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet error

interzone55 09:58 19 Jul 04

I'm getting the above error on a particular excel spreadsheet whenever I try to group some columns.
I've read the microsfoft KB article about the error and it says that it's down to comments / Shapes / Objects on the sheet that cannot be resized when grouping.
This answer doesn't apply to me as there are no comments/shapes/objects on this spreadsheet.
I even tried the macro they included in the solution, but that had no effect.

Any ideas

Excel 2000, NT 4.0 sp 6, aging Athlon on huge corporate network

Simsy 13:06 19 Jul 04

copying the sheet...

Right click the sheet tab at the bottom, choose "move or copy"... tick the "Create a copy" box and choose move to end.

See if the problem exists with this new sheet. If it doesn't you can delete the original sheet, (and, if necessary rename the new sheet to be the same as what you have deleted)

I'm clutching at straws a bit, but it's what I'd try first.

Good luck,

Regards,

Simsy

interzone55 13:17 19 Jul 04

Thanks for trying, but that didn't work. Last time it happened I copied and pasted the whole sheet into a new spreadsheet, but that didn't work this time. I have a 52 week spreadsheet, but I only want to show 4 weeks at a time, a the grouping columns method is much easier than keep resetting the print area every week.

Anyone got any other ideas...please!!!

interzone55 13:20 19 Jul 04

Well, b****r me, it wasn't comments in the columns to be hidden that were the problem...
I had a comment in a column from last week, that wasn't going to be hidden for another 3 weeks, I deleted that comment & low & behold, it works.

Now why has this only just become a problem. I have the same sheet from last year & it's full of comments and never caused me any problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…