Excel : Automatic Links

tykesutd 08:30 21 Jan 04

Can anyone tell me how to display the 'automatic links' in an Excel workbook.

Big Elf 11:24 21 Jan 04

I'm not quite sure what you mean? You can display formula by setting the option in the Tools, Options, View tab.

GroupFC 16:14 21 Jan 04

Like Big Elf I also am not sure what you mean. If you post further details of what you are trying to do, I am sure somebody may be able to help further.

In the meantime, if you select a cell on a worksheet, the formula (and thus the links if there are any) will be displayed in the formula bar. To see if a particular workbook contains links to another (external) workbook go to >edit>links. Of course, you will still have to find where they are if you need to alter them which can take some time,(I should know some of my workbooks have hundreds of links!), but that is perhaps for another day!

Tog 16:26 21 Jan 04

Are you talking about tools>Auditing>Trace precedents ?

VoG II 22:07 21 Jan 04

Bump. Again, what exactly do you mean? Links to what?

VoG II 16:53 22 Jan 04

Via e-mail

Hi VOG I have a workbook that when it is opened it says that I have an automatic link to another workbook. I should NOT have any links to any other workbooks. The main workbook has many worksheets and I thought that someone may know how to trace the link without having to trawl through each cell on each worksheet. Can you help? Thanks Tykesutd

========================================

Firstly please reply to this thread, not using e-mail which is for private messages.

Secondly try click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…