Excel assistance required please

pj123 13:35 02 Jul 05

I have run a Lottery Syndicate since the very first draw (Saturday draw only).

Because of the amount of tickets we have (35) I have written a lottery checker in Excel.

I also have another worksheet with a record of all the drawn numbers, again Saturday only, which is now down to row 546. On the same worksheet (49 rows) is a formula which calculates the frequency that each number has been drawn.

At the moment those 49 rows are static and every week I enter the latest drawn numbers (today will be row 547) but to see the effect of the frequency check I have to hit Ctrl + Home to get back to the top of the worksheet. What I would like is for those 49 rows to follow me down the worksheet as I scroll. Does that make sense? If so can it be done?

Thank you.

VoG II 13:57 02 Jul 05

If you select Row 50 and then Window | Split you should end up with the screen split, with each section having its own vertical scroll bar.

pj123 14:07 02 Jul 05

Good point VoG™, thanks. I have the window split to show the headings/titles anyway.

pj123 14:13 02 Jul 05

VoG™, just done that but even though I have the sheet showing at 80% I can only see the first 19 rows in the top half.

VoG II 14:21 02 Jul 05

Have you tried dragging the grey horizontal split bar down the page?

You should be able to scroll both in the top and bottom windows. I don't see how you could be able to see all 49 rows in the top half without scrolling them.

pj123 14:33 02 Jul 05

VoG™, yes I can scroll in both windows. But I am sure I have seen an Excel spreadsheet where a particular portion (as a block) of the sheet follows down whenever scrolling. I must say that I am happy with the split screen as you suggested.

pj123 15:09 03 Jul 05

I think I will stick with the split screen.

Thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…