//some 3rd party need geo

Excel - add in to format cells to upper case

didbygraham 11:00 20 Aug 05

Some while back I used to have a very hand Excel add-in which would automatically reformat selected cells to all Upper or all lower case text. it was just a case of select the cells and press the required key combination. or is there another easy way of producing the same effect - i have a column of registration numbers which I really want in all Upper case but often they get entered in lower case by mistake and there is no nice easy format option which does this. I lost my original add-in when I upgraded to Excel 2003

johnnyrocker 11:25 20 Aug 05

not to up on this but could you not resolve this by conditional formatting? just a thought.

johnny.

VoG II 11:40 20 Aug 05

To convert the text in A1

=UPPER(A1)

and copy the formula down.

VoG II 17:05 20 Aug 05

Or use ASAP-UTILITIES click here Text | Convert to Upper Case

VoG II 17:10 20 Aug 05

Or Case Convert from click here

Muckle 22:27 24 Aug 05

cut and paste the cells into Word, Format, Change Case... then copy and paste them back into Excel?

VoG II 22:33 24 Aug 05

I think that didbygraham must have gone to Excel heaven ;o)

didbygraham 00:54 25 Aug 05

Thanks for these ideas.
sorry took me so long - few days away from PC!
use the copy and paste into Word on my machine at work as I am not allowed to load any add-ins. Will down load the ASAP and the UPPER looks like it could be sueful too.

Rhanks again

Chris the Ancient 09:50 25 Aug 05

I've only myself to blame...

There have been numerous references, from you, to ASAP and 'I couldn't be bothered'.

Today, I did! And I just wish I'd bothered a lot earlier.

Magic stuff. Thanks

CtA

daba 11:59 25 Aug 05

but ASAP are add-ins !

VoG ...
sounds to me like he needs some vba to run to convert his input into U-Case automatically....

VoG II 12:07 25 Aug 05

I'm baffled. He said he wanted an add-in ...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…