excel

jimmer409® 21:11 04 Jan 06

just need to convert excel price files to csv, how can i do this, or can you just buy excel on it's own?

VoG II 21:32 04 Jan 06

Eh?

pauldonovan 22:06 04 Jan 06

But like Vog i'm stumped on this one:

i) What's an excel price file
ii) What has just buying excel on it's own got to do with CSV question (same sentence) !?!

Let us know what you want to know and we can help!

tasslehoff burrfoot 22:47 04 Jan 06

surely you just need to select *.csv in the filetype from the saveas dialogue?

jimmer409® 06:00 05 Jan 06

an excel price file is supplier cost prices usually using part number, description, cost. most of our suppliers send new updates in excel, however we can only use csv to update our operating system, so you see i need to be able to convert excel to csv, ps i don't have excel, only the reader.

Forum Editor 07:12 05 Jan 06
  pauldonovan 15:50 05 Jan 06

FE> I think he was asking if he can do it without excel. You can save an excel spreadsheet to csv from within excel if you have it anyway without any add-in (although if there is a high volume, that tool might help).

A quick google search for 'convert xls to csv without excel' revealed the following. They have a free trial. I haven't tried it but it has to be worth a look:

click here

jimmer409® 18:23 05 Jan 06

thanks all, yes paul you got it, i don't have excel, figured out how to do it anyway, have works 2000, import the file to spreadsheet and am than able to convert to csv, not sure if it's 100% accurate, but seems to do the job

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5