Excel 2010 sort issue data in columns prior to sort column change

BrianFriend 17:07 17 Jul 14

I have discovered some disconcerting behavior in how excel 2010 sorts. I have information in a worksheet that gets added to everyday. Once a week that information gets copied in bulk and pasted into a new sheet in the workbook to get sorted. On a straight copy paste operation some of the information that is in columns bfore the sort column are changed from their original values. When I copy then paste special values and formatiing this does not occur.

Has anyone else observed this behavior and if so does anyone know a better fix?

csqwared 19:49 17 Jul 14

BF

Tried to replicate this in my Excel 2010 without success. Copied cells Sheet1/A1:A12 to Sheet2/C1:C12 with data in preceding columns A & B. On selecting 'Sort' for C1:C12 I get a window informing me there is data next to my selection and since it is not selected will not be sorted. There are then two options: Expand selection or Continue with current selection. Selecting second option sorts data normally.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…