Excel 2007 very slow.

m800afc 09:23 11 Jan 08

I have upgraded to Office 2007, because I am doing a course that requires it. I have noticed though that Outlook 2007 is painfully slow. Not only that, it seems to hog memory. I used to allow Outlook 2003 to run in the background and pick up email while I was working. This is not practical with Outlook 2007, because everything grinds to a halt when it fetches which has been as long as 25 minutes. Even opening an unrelated file folder can take a couple of minutes. Also, it seems to take forever to open up and close down, often taking 7 or 8 minutes for each. Due to the requirements of my course I cannot revert back to 2003.
I have used CCleaner, Spybot, Adaware, AVG and SpywareBlaster to check for problems and none are reported. I have checked CPU usage with the task manager, and it reports that during fetch Outlook 2007 uses up to 93%.
Does anyone have any practical ideas as to what I can do to improve Outlooks performance?
I am using XP Pro, SP2 and have 1Gb of memory. All other applications within Office 2007 work normally.

m800afc 09:26 11 Jan 08

Please ignore this post. I put Excel into the subject line instead of Outlook. I have reposted with correct subject line.
Many apologies

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…