Excel 2007 Row and Column Limits

VoG II 20:47 11 Jun 06

These are going to be greatly increased from the current 65,536 * 256 limitation click here

This is great news but it means that if you have used code like

LastRow = Range("A65536").End(xlUp)

to return the last used row, it may no longer function correctly.

The following will work:

Sub test()
Dim LastRow, LastCol
LastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
LastCol = Cells(1, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column
MsgBox LastRow
MsgBox LastCol
End Sub

spikeychris 20:52 11 Jun 06

Say that again in English.

VoG II 20:55 11 Jun 06

If you wrote a macro in Visual Basic for Applications that assumed the last row could not be greater than 65,536 it may fail since the new maximum row is 1,048,576.

spikeychris 20:59 11 Jun 06

Do you know...that has bothered me for ages.

Woolwell 21:26 11 Jun 06

Thanks VoG.

spikeychris 21:35 11 Jun 06

Yeah good call.

Forum Editor 23:09 11 Jun 06

Excel hasn't exactly been my strong suit - I am very happy in Word, Powerpoint is second nature, Access isn't exactly a mystery to me, and Publisher is an open book, but Excel........

That might start to change with Office 2007 however. I've been beta testing the software for quite a while now, and I have to say that I find Excel a lot more friendly. Those new toolbars are a joy to use, and the the whole thing suddenly seems a little easier. I'm not saying that I'm any kind of an expert you understand, but there's definitely some light showing at the end of the tunnel.

Well done, Microsoft.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…