Excel 2007 Problem

Chasstone 22:19 07 Sep 10

I have just installed Office 2007 on a new computer and the followinh problem has cropped up.

I have icons on the taskbar with which to open Word and Excel. The Word icon, when right clicked, shows a recent file list - the Excel icon does not. I have done the usual procedures to correct this but they worked on Word only.

Anyone know why this should be? Help, as always, will be appreciated.

Woolwell 22:58 07 Sep 10

Try opening Excel - click on the Office button at the top - then Excel Options - Advanced - scroll down to display and check how many recent documents should be shown.

Chasstone 14:37 08 Sep 10

First, I must apologise for the delay in answering to your entry - I've been re-arranging my new computer to fit in my original set up - at my age that's not easy - grrr!

I've done what you suggest and it says 17 - that is why it is so confusing. I've run out of ideas as it appears correctly set up but something is clearly amiss! It is, of course, just an annoyance but, as I was used to its' being there I miss it 8-).

Thanks Woolwell. Any other ideas would be welcomed.

VoG II 14:43 08 Sep 10

Shouldn't it be *left* click on the Office button (top left).

Woolwell 14:55 08 Sep 10

"icons on the taskbar" assume this is Windows 7. Cannot help I'm afraid as I'm still on Vista.

Chasstone 14:58 08 Sep 10

So it is, I'm so used to left clicking that I didn't notice that Woolwell had said just to click the button 8-)).

Have you any ideas VoG™ - it's certainly a poser! Well, to me anyway - I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer 8-)

Chasstone 14:59 08 Sep 10

Quite right Woolwell - thanks anyway.

Chas49 14:01 09 Sep 10

Finally solved when, using the Office 2007 CD, I did a repair job. I really should have thought of that earlier!

Thanks Woolwell for your replies.

Chas49 14:05 09 Sep 10

Chas49 - Chasstone. Same person but Chasstone was my old account name - now deleted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced