Excel 2007 Grouping in Taskbar

Haggis2008 13:25 18 Apr 10

I have just installed Office 2007. Now if I open 2 excel workbooks they group together on the taskbar. It is not the group similar taskbar buttons option in the taskbar properties that is the problem. Let me give you an example if I open Firfox, excel 1, word, notpad. The task bar has them in that order but if I open another excel file it changes to Firfox, word, notpad, excel 1, excel 2. Anyone know how to stop this behaviour.

VoG II 16:07 18 Apr 10

Not sure but click the Office button (top left), click Excel Options, click Advanced and see if the setting Show all windows in the taskbar has an effect.

Haggis2008 18:36 19 Apr 10

Thanks for getting back so quick VoG. I tried you're solution but it didn't help.

Haggis2008 18:51 30 Apr 10

Does anyone know how to solve this

Woolwell 19:46 30 Apr 10

As far as I am aware Windows on its own does not allow you to move them around. I guess that Microsoft reckoned that users would want open windows belonging to the same program together hence you get Excel, Excel. There are programs that allow you to alter this. I have never used them but if you do a Google search on windows taskbar order you will find them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…