Excel 2007 Conditional Formatting

phil.smith 20:50 09 Jun 07

I have Excel 2007. I would like to format a cell so that when a particular date is reached, the cell changes colour on the spreadsheet. ie if I set a cell with a date 21st June, when this date is reached it would change colour to alert me.

Anyone know how please?

many thanks

Phil

VoG II 21:05 09 Jun 07

Home > Conditional Formatting > New Rule > Use a formula ... > In Format Values... > =A1>=21/6/2007 > click Format, select your fprmat and click OK twice.

phil.smith 21:26 09 Jun 07

Thanks VoG - will give it a try

Phil

Abel 10:27 10 Jun 07

Hello VoG™, I do hope this isn't seen as hijacking this thread but I can't relate the information you give for Excel 2007 to the 2003 version and I would like to understand the facility. Is it appropriate to ask for your further advice here?

Abel

VoG II 10:38 10 Jun 07

In Excel 2003 (and other versions back to Excel 97):

Click in A1, Format > Conditional Formatting > for 'Cell Value Is' select 'greater than or equal to' > for the value enter 21/6/2007 > click the Format button, select a format then click OK twice.

VoG II 10:43 10 Jun 07

There are a couple of tutorials click here

Before Excel 2007 there was a limit of 3 formats (4 if you count the default format). In Excel 2007 the number of conditional formats is limited only by available memory.

Abel 19:52 10 Jun 07

Thanks for the reminder VoG™! I had bookmarked this site from a previous thread you recommended it on. As a general comment, anyone who has an Excel problem could well find their answer here. Also, for those of us who dislike reading the techy stuff, these are spoken tutorials with visual examples.

Abel

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant