Excel 2007: Changing units

m800afc 23:02 02 Aug 11

Hello all,

I am trying to set up a worksheet using Excel 2007 and Windows 7. I want to replicate a frequently used pre-printed form, so I can print the results into the boxes of the form. The form is pre-printed and I only have the document on paper. I intend to put the form into my printer and then print the excel sheet directly into the original. I am starting a new sheet, and I am not using a template.

When I try to change the units, or anything else for that matter, (Excel Options Advanced) I get a dialog box stating:

"The server drafts location you entered for offline editing is not valid or you do not have permission to access that location. Specify a location on your local computer."

I have no idea what this means or what to do about it. I am the administrator on the computer, which is not on a server or local network.

How may I solve this problem?

wee eddie 23:58 02 Aug 11

Can you not Scan the Form and save it as, say a Word Document, which will accept simple Formulae or use OCR Software to turn it into a Spread Sheet

Woolwell 11:56 03 Aug 11

Is your problem solved by the answer here link text

Woolwell 12:00 03 Aug 11

In 2007 it is under Options - save . In my Excel 2007 I have the box save checked out files ticked and the location is sharepoint drafts and I don't have a snag.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…