Excel 2003 File Validation

Abel 17:08 PM 09 Apr 13

When trying to open a file in Excel 2003, a message appears which says ‘Office File Validation detected a problem while trying to open this file. Opening it may be dangerous’ is there any way of determining what the problem is?

Abel

csqwared 18:55 PM 09 Apr 13

Have a look at this:-

file validation

scroll down the page to 'Default Behaviour'

Abel 20:34 PM 09 Apr 13

Thanks csqwared! I've never downloaded this facility so I suppose it came with the usual updates. However, how do I discover what the problem is, so that the file can be opened without danger?

We seem to have lost Vog to another forum; I'm sure he would know

Abie

csqwared 16:49 PM 10 Apr 13

Have a look at this - about halfway down.

MS Security

I'm not running Windows anymore so can't try any of the suggestions. Not sure which version of Windows you're running, I'm only conversant with XP so; have you tried looking under Start/Settings/Control Panel/Add or Remove Programmes. There's a little tick box at the top of the window 'Show Updates'. Tick it and then scroll down all the shown progs and updates, you may be able to un-install the offending beasty from there. If you're running a different version I'm sure the same can be achieved. After that I don't know (:-(

And yes, VOG was a considerable help, wonder where he/she is??

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…