excel 2002 passwords

kilted_jockey 20:09 05 May 03

I protected a file in excel with a password which I have now forgot. Is there any way I can open the worksheet for editing?

there are some password recovery utilities that might help try going to majorgeeks.com andlook in the covert ops section. sorry i dont know any off the top of my head.

ThisNameIsMine 20:25 05 May 03

Hint: Dont put passwords on files if you are likely to forget it! (I kno! I am stating the obvious, sorry!)

VoG™ 21:20 05 May 03

As this is very easy to find on the net I am "content" to give you the link click here

You may be interested to know that even amongst Excel experts there is some debate about just how this works but it does.

VoG™ 21:39 05 May 03

If the whole workbook is protected click here

Nosmas 21:43 05 May 03

says he has protected a 'file' which to me means the entire workbook. If that is so then I imagine the PasswordBreaker code given in the link will not be the solution. That code seems to be for individual password protected worksheets.

Nosmas 21:44 05 May 03

Sorry VoG your post arrived whilst I was composing mine!

VoG™ 21:47 05 May 03

No probs - you are quite correct.

kilted_jockey 22:04 05 May 03

thanks a lot guys dare say I'll find something in these links, and won't apply a password again!!!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…