Excel 2000 to XP

joe95 15:55 13 Jan 04

I am having trouble with my excel programmes they were all done in Office 2000 now I am into XP.I backed up everything onto a cd-rw and then transferred to my documents on desktop when I work on them in my desktop and then try to save to my disc they are saved as a temp file and with a no. and they aren't shown as an Excel file just a file.
Any help appreciated.
Joe.

Forum Editor 16:11 13 Jan 04

something.

Go to your My Documents folder and click on Tools and then Folder options. Click on the 'view' tab and make sure there's a tick against the option to 'Hide extensions for known files types'. If it's already ticked, open one of the files in Excel and save it with a different filename. Make sure you're saving it as a Microsoft Excel workbook.

roygbiv 16:23 13 Jan 04

Have the same problem with my course work. work done on win 2000 (saved on floppy) will not show on my home (XP) computer, will try FE's advice

TommyRed 17:38 13 Jan 04

Don't wanna sound too much like a donut, but I had a similar problem in that files from my old PC made with Office 2000 wont open with XP home as mine only has MS Works which wont open them. Gotta load Office 2000 onto XP for them to work. TR

joe95 23:14 13 Jan 04

Thanks FE it works with one disc but not with my other one error can't change name sharing violation saved as temp file

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…