Excel 2000 shortcuts not working

bowman 21:36 05 Jan 06

Hi Everyone

A small problem with Excel 2000, the shortcuts are not working? A friend has a few Excel 2000 spreadsheets which will not open with a shortcut. The file will open if you start Excel then go to “File” and “open” It does not matter where the file, old or new is located on the computer, it will not open from a shortcut.

I have tried several things, including re-installing Excel 2000 plus remove and re-installing the full Office 2000 programme, I’ve also tried the “Excel /unregserver” and “Excel /regserver” commands but this does not work? Without doing a full format and re-install does anyone have any ideas??????

The computer is networked with another, all Excel 2000 files work ok with shortcuts on the other computer? The problem is only with Excel 2000, all other software is fine.

The error message is :

"Cannot find the file [file name].XLS (or one of its components). Make sure the path and file name are correct and that all required libraries are available."

Am I right in thinking this maybe a possible Registry fault?

Any help most welcome, OS Win 98se.

Cheers
bowman

GaT7 23:16 05 Jan 06

"Am I right in thinking this maybe a possible Registry fault?" you very well could be - see click here. G

PS - Some related problems click here, click here & click here.

bowman 23:38 05 Jan 06

Hi crossbow7

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I've looked at the links and there was not a earlier version of Excel on the pc, the other three I will try, but cannot get to the pc until friday or the weekend.

cheers
bowman

bowman 19:56 06 Jan 06

Thanks to crossbow7 the problem is resolved.

The last link was the answer to the problem, I spent hours looking on the Microsoft site for the answer and did not find the link?????????

Thank you crossbow7.......

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…