Excel 2000 default margins

Young Ranger 00:19 11 Jul 03

Is it possible to change the default margin settings and if so how. I,m using Excel in Office 2000 with Win XP and Win 2000.

Thanks

Taff36 09:56 11 Jul 03

You need to change and save the default templates in excel to suit your exact requirements. First you need to find out from you help files where they are stored and what they are called. Open Excel and in help type "default template" that should take you to the relevant help file.

If not this microsoft Excel 2000 help file on the web may help you.

click here

Tip: You must open the excel program, close the BOOK 1 that opens automatically and then open the template. You can`t open the template by double clicking the file in your explorer directories.

Taff36 10:06 11 Jul 03

The link didn`t come out quite as planned!

Navigate to:

office.microsoft.com/assistance/offhelp/off2000/excel/default.asp

and search in the left hand panes under Excel 2000 to find "creating opening & saving files" then "creating & using workbook templates.

Young Ranger 18:52 11 Jul 03

Tried the help files in Excel and the link to the Office website but the navigation path they provide does not locate the file Book.xlt or sheet.xlt in XP or Win 2000. I tried a search in both OS's including the option to display hidden files but without success.

I can see the folder XLstart but there are no files listed in there. Any other ideas ?

VoG II 19:05 11 Jul 03

You need to create a template. Format a new book with the settings you want and save it as "book.xlt" in the Templates folder. You should check the Help topic on "Templates" for additional information on this.

You can do the same thing with a new worksheet (that template needs to be called "sheet.xlt").

Young Ranger 19:30 11 Jul 03

VOG's sugestion works but not quite what I had hoped for.

For that option to work I need to open each new workbook from the template option rather than as the default and the new margin settings do not apply to any additional sheets that I create once I have opened the template.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…