Excel 2000

Tefal 20:20 28 Nov 03

Hi Folks

I'm using MS Office 2000 Pro and would like to set the default page in Excel to open in Landscape view, without having to go to page setup every time. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Andy

I think the 'View' only applies to the Print function. If so, whether you can set the default will depend on the printer software.

Brian-336451 21:51 28 Nov 03

Create a workbook template for new workbooks
Create a workbook that contains the sheets, default text (such as page headers and column and row labels), formulas, macros, styles, and other formatting you want in new workbooks that you base on the template.

On the File menu, click Save As.
Show Me

In the Save as type box, click Template (*.xlt).

In the Save in box, select the folder where you want to store the template.
To create the default workbook template, select either the XLStart folder or the alternate startup folder. The XLStart folder is usually
C:\os\Profiles\user_name\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLStart
where os is the operating system folder — for example, Windows.

To create a custom workbook template, select the Templates folder, which is usually
C:\os\Profiles\user_name\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates
where os is the operating system folder, for example, Windows.

In the File name box, type book to create a default workbook template.
To create a custom template, type any valid file name.

Tip To display a picture of the first page of a template in the Preview box of the New dialog box (File menu), click Properties on the File menu, click the Summary tab, and then select the Save preview picture check box.

the lone cloner 21:59 28 Nov 03

have a look at click here this may be a useful site for you.

pc moron 23:39 28 Nov 03

Start Excel and change the page orientation.

Select "Save As" and in the dialog box select "template" and name it "Book.xlt".

Save it to the XLStart folder- the location of this folder will depend on both your OS and version of Office.

All new workbooks should now be landscape.

Tefal 11:17 29 Nov 03

Many thanks folks.

I have now a default workbook as required.

Andy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…