Excel 03 - Charts

accord 16:35 27 Jul 04

I am wanting to create a chart whereby the data is shown upside down. ie a league table where 1 is at the top and 100 is at the bottom.

I am having trouble doing this so any suggestions.

Thanks in advance for your help

xania 16:48 27 Jul 04

If I understand you correctly, the answer is quite simple. Having entered all the data, you now need to sort (data drop down menu) on the column which shows the total points gained. You will need to sort all columns (naturally) in decsending order, excluding the header row, et voila!!

accord 16:54 27 Jul 04

sorry perhaps i didnt quite explain fully,

i require no 1 to be at the top of the Y axis (left hand column) and no 100 at the bottom. On the X axis I require the team to be dispayed.

All i seem to get is no 1 at the bootm and no 100 at the top.

Xania: thanks anyway I have tried that but doesnt give what i want.

If you right click on the X axis figures you can choose to Format axis.

At the bottom there is the option to place the values in Reverse order and also that the X axis crosses at the maximum value; both of these should be checked.

HTH

Gordon

xania 09:23 28 Jul 04

Accord.

I think you've missed the main point. If you look at your sort screen, against each field you can select which order you want - it defaults to ascending. You need to sort Descending.

xania 09:26 28 Jul 04

If this is not what you need, I need to see the problem. Please e-mail me directly a copy of your spreadsheet and I will see what can be done.

accord 11:00 28 Jul 04

sorted

it works the way you advised

xania

thanks for your input and time

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…