Examples of Website Request for quote.

siliconbits 18:38 23 Aug 03

I'm looking for a sample RFQ for a large customer who is looking to hire/outsource its website production EXCEPT marketing. Now I'd like to know if anyone has seen some resource over such RFQs. Thanks for any info.

Taran 20:32 23 Aug 03

You want samples of a request for quote form ?

Go to Google, use this as your search field, including the quote marks:

Click on any of the sponsored links to the right of the screen for samples, examples and software that will do it all for you.

Clicking any of the returned search results will show you some examples currently live on the web. An RFQ is nothing more than a form with specific fields relating to the products, services or whatever that you want to offer.

That's assuming I read this right and you want a resource or destructions on how to put an RFQ together.

I'll leave it at that for now in case I've got the wrong end of the stick here. Post again with more details if I'm on the wrong track and we'll cook something up for you.

Forum Editor 00:20 24 Aug 03

for these requests. A client can formulate a request form quite easily. I receive lots of these forms from clients who want sites designed and to be honest I don't think I've ever had two the same.

What's very important is to lay out your requirements in as much detail as possible. If you can do it, attach a draft site navigation guide , so that everyone who quotes is doing so on a level playing field as far as the number of pages or sections is concerned.

I like to develop sites with the client - in a private directory on my own server space - so that clients are involved in the design process as it goes along. This saves time and effort for both parties, and I suggest that you ensure that your form contains a request for a 'time to develop' estimate. Many client/designer disputes occur as a result of misunderstandings about development timescales, and it's worth dealing with that aspect right at the start.

If you need more specific input come back to your thread and ask - otherwise I'll waffle on for ever.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…