Ewido version 4.0

seventiesdolly 19:10 26 Jun 06

I've just installed the latest free version of ewido, but i've noticed, every now and again, that the icon in my task bar goes grey, and when I check the settings of the programme, it's telling me that the resident shield is off, when previously it had been on!
Has anyone else had this problem?

VoG II 19:29 26 Jun 06

Do you have other anti-virus running? If so having Ewido's resident shield on as well may cause problems. When installing Ewido under 'Additional Options' untick 'Install background guard' and 'Install scan via context menu'.

seventiesdolly 19:34 26 Jun 06

But it had a background guard on the previous version that stayed on and didn't cause any problems......

lulubelle 20:17 26 Jun 06

Hi seventiesdolly,
I've just installed ewido as well and sometimes the same thing happens to me, I just manually switch it on again.I won't be buying the full version anyway, and so the resident shield will cease to function after the 30 day trial, I will then just use it as a free scanner.

seventiesdolly 09:54 27 Jun 06

Thanks for your replies. VoG, Ewido is antispyware, not antivirus, so shouldn't cause any conflicts anyway should it?
I just wondered why the shield stops working when the older version worked fine? I'll probably uninstall and go back to the previous version...

ventanas 10:00 27 Jun 06

The previous free version should only run with the shield for 30 days, unless you pay for and enter a licence key.

I'm running version 4 with NOD32, A2 etc, and do not seem to have any problems.

ventanas 10:01 27 Jun 06

The previous free version should only run with the shield for 30 days, unless you pay for and enter a licence key.

I'm running version 4 with NOD32, A2 etc, and do not seem to have any problems.

seventiesdolly 10:04 27 Jun 06

I think the previous version's shield was only free for 14 days or something, but at least it stayed on and could be trusted...when it expired, I just installed it again.

Input Overload 10:53 27 Jun 06

Ewido compatibility list click here I use the full version with NOD32 & BoClean without any problems.

€dstowe 13:39 27 Jun 06

I noticed that Ewido greyed out after scans with other anti-malware programs eg SuperAntispyware and A squared.

spuds 14:01 27 Jun 06

When it "grey's" out, just click on it, a screen will appear, then re-activate. Happens to this computer on the very rare occasion.Ewido doesn't seem to conflict with other well known 'anti' programmes, seems to be quite happy, running with others.

Regarding the time limits, you have two choices. Manually download updates daily or re-install the program.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…