Ewido questions

Sirpad 15:46 24 Jun 06

I have been using Ewido for a few months now and find it very useful. I just have a few questions though.

1. I use NOD32 as my main AV which works very well for me and I run Ewido every other day. I know NOD32 is running real-time but how can I tell if Ewido is also running as a real-time AV?

2. When I right-click a file it now offers me the option of Scanning with Ewido whereas prior to this I had the option to Scan with NOD32. Can I have the option to scan with both?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

ade.h 15:54 24 Jun 06

1. Ewido only has real-time protection if you have paid for the licensed version. NOD32 is also covers all forms off malware/spyware anyway, so you have some real-time protection against it already.

2. Yes, if you re-check your settings in NOD32. I use both, but I do not have the Ewido context menu option enabled, so I can't say whether it causes some conflict or priority issue with the context menu entries.

SANTOS7 15:57 24 Jun 06

Running two antivirus is not a good idea as they will conflict, unless you have configured them to do diferent things,
Antivirus: NOD32
Memory scanner: Ewido, seems to be a setup favoured by others...

SANTOS7 16:00 24 Jun 06

Sorry, me idiot!! of course ewido is not an antivirus, so they will happily run together

Sirpad 18:58 24 Jun 06

Thanks guys.

Question for you ade.h. How do I tell NOD32 to be available to scan files when I right-click on them?

ade.h 22:27 24 Jun 06

Open the NOD32 scanner (not the Control Centre) from your All Programs menu. Go to the profiles tab. Change the profile to Context Menu and make sure the second box is ticked.

If this doesn't bring it back, then there is some conflict; in which case, remove and re-install Ewido and choose *not* to use the context menu scan. It's possible that you might need to re-install NOD32 as well.

ade.h 22:28 24 Jun 06

NOD32 manual click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…