Ewido or not?

Skywatcher321 21:30 15 Dec 06

I realise that Ewido has now been taken over by AVG. This is left me with a little confusion.
I needed a new antivrus programme as my mcafee one kept uninstalling and leaving my computer at risk. I downloaded and paid for the AVG anti-malware programme which has an antivirus and an antispyware programme. What I want to know is the antispyware component the same as the AVG Ewido one and is there a need to have both programmes installed?
Forgive my confusion but I have a lot of respect for Ewido and I liked their product. I Just grew to trust it and I want to know if I have the same protection.

birdface 22:29 15 Dec 06

Dont think that you would need to keep it, But of course if there is no conflict between the two of them, You could keep it as a reserve,But my understanding is that they are going to stop it anyway,You could always download A Squared to replace it,

anskyber 23:08 15 Dec 06

Your fine, it's the same.

Skywatcher321 10:15 16 Dec 06

I just wanted to be secure as I can. Will look into A Squared. Thank you both for your help.

sunny staines 10:32 16 Dec 06

A2, AVGEWIDO, will work fine on the same computer why not use both.
I use these 2 plus superantispyware and do alternate scans for max protection. just downloaded spyware terminator its detection is not too good but has live protection and auto updates.

Skywatcher321 19:08 16 Dec 06

I have spyware doctor, but I liked the thorough scan that Ewido offered. I have downloaded "A Squared free". This seems similar to the old Ewido. :)
What is the best antispyware programme?
Each site I look at seems to name a programme that it wants to sell rather than any true comparisons.

birdface 20:20 16 Dec 06

I dont think you really need any more,If you have AVG + A Squared + Spyware Doctor,You have got good cover,If AVG or A Squared lets anything past,You have a great program in Spyware Doctor,Very little gets past that,Dont know what you do with Spyware Doctor, I used to just run it occasionally, when I thought that I needed to,Running it from start up slowed down computer a bit,All you need to go with that is A good Firewall,click here This one is so easy to use + you get the full version for the first 30 days,Then it reverts to the free version if you dont want to pay,Good luck on your search.

Skywatcher321 20:48 16 Dec 06

Just found spyware terminator too. It says it has a free realtime shield.
I get Mcafee firewall free with AOL so I will stay with that firewall. Lost a bit of confidence in the Mcafee antivirus system though as it uninstalled six times for reasons I cannot understand. That is why I switched to AVG.

Thanks everybody for your help.

rawprawn 10:52 17 Dec 06

I am very impressed by Spyware Terminator, use that and one other as an occasional check. You will be well covered.

denali 09:28 18 Dec 06

Skywatcher321I think you will find McAfee is not free with Aol. I think you get one month and find two pounds something on your monthly bill.

denali 09:29 18 Dec 06

Skywatcher321I think you will find McAfee is not free with Aol. I think you get one month and find two pounds something on your monthly bill.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…