Ewido or not?

Skywatcher321 21:30 15 Dec 06

I realise that Ewido has now been taken over by AVG. This is left me with a little confusion.
I needed a new antivrus programme as my mcafee one kept uninstalling and leaving my computer at risk. I downloaded and paid for the AVG anti-malware programme which has an antivirus and an antispyware programme. What I want to know is the antispyware component the same as the AVG Ewido one and is there a need to have both programmes installed?
Forgive my confusion but I have a lot of respect for Ewido and I liked their product. I Just grew to trust it and I want to know if I have the same protection.

birdface 22:29 15 Dec 06

Dont think that you would need to keep it, But of course if there is no conflict between the two of them, You could keep it as a reserve,But my understanding is that they are going to stop it anyway,You could always download A Squared to replace it,

anskyber 23:08 15 Dec 06

Your fine, it's the same.

Skywatcher321 10:15 16 Dec 06

I just wanted to be secure as I can. Will look into A Squared. Thank you both for your help.

sunny staines 10:32 16 Dec 06

A2, AVGEWIDO, will work fine on the same computer why not use both.
I use these 2 plus superantispyware and do alternate scans for max protection. just downloaded spyware terminator its detection is not too good but has live protection and auto updates.

Skywatcher321 19:08 16 Dec 06

I have spyware doctor, but I liked the thorough scan that Ewido offered. I have downloaded "A Squared free". This seems similar to the old Ewido. :)
What is the best antispyware programme?
Each site I look at seems to name a programme that it wants to sell rather than any true comparisons.

birdface 20:20 16 Dec 06

I dont think you really need any more,If you have AVG + A Squared + Spyware Doctor,You have got good cover,If AVG or A Squared lets anything past,You have a great program in Spyware Doctor,Very little gets past that,Dont know what you do with Spyware Doctor, I used to just run it occasionally, when I thought that I needed to,Running it from start up slowed down computer a bit,All you need to go with that is A good Firewall,click here This one is so easy to use + you get the full version for the first 30 days,Then it reverts to the free version if you dont want to pay,Good luck on your search.

Skywatcher321 20:48 16 Dec 06

Just found spyware terminator too. It says it has a free realtime shield.
I get Mcafee firewall free with AOL so I will stay with that firewall. Lost a bit of confidence in the Mcafee antivirus system though as it uninstalled six times for reasons I cannot understand. That is why I switched to AVG.

Thanks everybody for your help.

rawprawn 10:52 17 Dec 06

I am very impressed by Spyware Terminator, use that and one other as an occasional check. You will be well covered.

denali 09:28 18 Dec 06

Skywatcher321I think you will find McAfee is not free with Aol. I think you get one month and find two pounds something on your monthly bill.

denali 09:29 18 Dec 06

Skywatcher321I think you will find McAfee is not free with Aol. I think you get one month and find two pounds something on your monthly bill.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac