evil spirits in my printer!

jwv4 22:59 19 Jun 07

hey guys, i'm new to this forum and looking for a little help. my printer keeps turning on by itself and then turning back off. it's a lexmark 5400 and i run xp on my p.c. i have 4 different anti-spyware and avg anti-virus and everything seems to be in order otherwise. any ideas on what this could be? thanks in advance.

p;3 23:32 19 Jun 07

might ask if you have sp 2 installed and what DO you have protection and av wise on there ;can you list them all?

and how often and how frequently DOES the printer have a mind of its own??::))

Devil Fish 23:40 19 Jun 07

i use avg myself but if strange things are happening i use click here for a second opinion

ambra4 23:41 19 Jun 07

Try updating driver

click here

ambra4 23:43 19 Jun 07

No Virus want to turn on/off you printer

p;3 14:06 20 Jun 07

have you tried using a different power socket?

Snec 14:29 20 Jun 07

When printers play up it's nearly always solved by reinstalling the driver, but in your case it does sound as if it's a loose wire. As ambra4 also says, it's not a virus problem.

jwv4 02:04 21 Jun 07

thanks for all your responses, i could'nt get back to you cause i guess i sent my question to the wrong forum. i ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the software and so far it has been behaving. thanks!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…