Evidence Elimnator pop-up

Elrond 18:48 09 Jan 03
  Elrond 18:48 09 Jan 03

While i was just surfing the web I got an evidence eliminator pop-up. It started banging on about people in the UK being disgraced by online activities blah blah. The worrying thing was the page was showing my C: drive and i could click through the folders. Shud i be worried about the fact i could se my folders or does the pop-up make my system just show it locally i.e just on my PC. I have ZA installed

VoG™ 18:50 09 Jan 03

It is a coding trick. Don't panic!

leo49 18:51 09 Jan 03

No - ignore this unscrupulous advertising - it definitely can't see your PC contents,it's only visible to you.

Regards

Elrond 18:53 09 Jan 03

Thanks for letting me know. I was a trifle worried then. I just don't get these advertisers. They've no right to scare people like that.

jazzypop 19:02 09 Jan 03

I realise this thread has been ticked, but in case you were wondering how they show the contents of your drive, click here

For further reading on Evidence Eliminator, click here

Elrond 19:07 09 Jan 03

Thanks for the info

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:14 09 Jan 03

click here The coding trick is used to display the contents of your C drive but ONLY to you. A lame trick which you can do yourself by posting a command into the IE address bar.

G

graham 19:59 09 Jan 03

What's the command, please?

leo49 20:05 09 Jan 03

See Jazzypop's first 'click here'

Nickg 20:32 09 Jan 03

Have a look at the Evidence eliminator "Dis information centre" I have never seen anywhere quite so peculiar on a supposed reputable suppliers official website.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…