evidence eliminator-any good or is it just hype?

wots it all about 22:43 25 Oct 05

Hello all.
I did a search on EE in the archives and found some info that is over a year old. It was helpful, but I was wondering if it has improved in the ratings since then? I want to install something of the sort and had EE before, but I reckon there must be some better progs out there now? And I dont like the way they advertise for a start!
Any one got any opinions please?

Chegs ® 22:48 25 Oct 05

EE is crapware! If your using XP Pro,it has its own File Encryption Utility (cipher.exe)if your using another OS,there are lots of much better(often free) apps about the net.

wots it all about 23:11 25 Oct 05

Hiya. Yes its xp pro, sp2, so is File Encryption Utility (cipher.exe) already installed by default or do I need to do something to activate it? Can you recommend any of the other software apps? Thanks for advice.

Chegs ® 23:17 25 Oct 05

No need of anything else(besides which,they're not needed for the average PC user)click here Howto use XP's ciphere app.

wots it all about 23:21 25 Oct 05

ok, many thanks!

Chegs ® 23:57 25 Oct 05

I extracted cipher.exe from a previous install of XP Pro,and have just copied it to my present OS(XP Home)and set it off overwriting a temp folder,just to see how effective it is.Once its finished,I shall attempt to recover the jpegs from within the temp folder.As its several years since I used this bit of XP,I am curious to refresh my memory of its usefulness/effectiveness.

Belatucadrus 00:17 26 Oct 05

click here for previous post on the appallingly costly EE, $149.95 rotflmao

Chegs ® 00:23 26 Oct 05

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner>cipher /w:C:\Temp
To remove as much data as possible, please close all other applications while
running CIPHER /W.
Writing 0x00
Writing 0xFF
Writing Random Numbers

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner>

Yep,they've gone for good,as file scavanger(extremely efficient data recovery app)cannot find anything in that folder(and jpegs are about as easy to recover as can be)

wots it all about 23:48 26 Oct 05

Thanks for trying that,but it seems a bit complicated for me!! I would like a prog similar to E Eliminator that you just set off and it overwrites and clears everything itself? I think EE probably slows the machine down too, as I've noticed its faster since I uninstalled it.

wots it all about 16:39 27 Oct 05

bump

ventanas 17:09 27 Oct 05

I had a look at this recently and have to agree, they seem to want to frighten everyone out of their skins. If you want a program that will do everything EE does, but much cheaper click here but as chegs has said there are also many that are free. Have a look here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…