Evesham system with sound card issue

realist 10:33 02 Feb 07

My long-standing problem with a premium sound card fitted to my 10 month old Evesham system remains unresolved.

The problem seems to hinge upon the inability to install/update drivers. Auto-update on the Creative site reports "files may be corrupt" and when we try to manually update, the .exe file when run reports "no supported hardware on your system"!

Despite my (on numerous occasions)drawing Eveshams's attention to the fact that all system sound is lost on average once a week, no solution has been offered other than the usual get-out that I caused the problem by (gasp!) installing software.

I refute that suggestion as the glitch first happened within days of delivery and I have been having to carry out weekly system restores ever since.

I have also drawn their attention to the fact that another Evesham customer (and forum user) is experiencing precisely the same problems.

I have to say I am (to say the least) disappointed this being the third pc I have bought from them, having been a customer for seven years.

Any suggestions?

xania 12:48 02 Feb 07

I think you may be able to get better attention from Evesham if you return the PC to its original state and then put in a claim. That way, they can't get out of it. This sort of issue supports the constant reminders on this site that if hardware is fault on arrival, don't do anything yourself but get it back to the suppliers as soon as possible. I suggest you ask FE to move this stream to the Consumerwatch as this is more of a suplier issue than a technical issue.

skidzy 15:32 02 Feb 07

Hi Realist,if you are not going to send it back as Xania suggest,maybe try the codec pack...these are updated fairly often.Im in no doubt you may have tried the codec pack already,but im sure its worth a try.click here

This pack may replace or fix missing or broken codecs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…