Evesham Recovery procedure?

darkster 20:46 05 Feb 04

Hi all, I am having severe problems with my Evesham pc and I want to use the supplied system recovery cd but I can't remember the procedure. I seem to remember putting in the cd and upon reboot pressing a key which gave me an option to boot from recovery and reformat HDD and reinstall windows cleanly. I just can't remember the details - please could someone possibly advise me as to how to do this before I have to resort to calling Customer Services?
Thanks in advance.

powerless 20:55 05 Feb 04

"I seem to remember putting in the cd and upon reboot pressing a key which gave me an option to boot from recovery and reformat HDD and reinstall windows cleanly"

Yes but you're missing the first part. You need to enter the BIOS and change the boot sequence. Set it to boot from the CD-RM first...

To enter the BIOS keep tapping the DEL key when the computer is starting.

howie100 21:24 05 Feb 04

I presume you have tried to restore to an earlier time - Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore?

Failing that, the Recovery CD has been designed to be fully automatic (provided that, as Powerless suggested, the BIOS settings have not been altered, and the bootup sequence actually looks at the CD-ROM - Press DEL when prompted during the boot up sequence. Go into Advance settings and set the first boot device to CDROM). Insert the Recovery CD, shut down the PC then restart. Use the CD that was provided by Evesham for your PC, or it won't work. The Recovery disk will check if it is the correct one for your PC. If not it will tell you. If all is well you will be presented with a menu offering various options about the degree of recovery you can adopt.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…