Evesham pc for handling digital photos

Nessie 22:03 11 Nov 05

Hi all,

I am going to buy a PC from evesham. All I want it to do apart from internet and basic word processing etc is for it to handle digital photos. I will be getting a good camera that takes pictures up to 8mp. I am right in saying that apart from as big a hard drive as possible that onboard graphics and 512mb would be enough as I will not be playing high end games. Thanks for your help

jbp1982 22:06 11 Nov 05

It would cope all right, but I'd suggest getting a separate card.

woodchip 22:11 11 Nov 05

If you can get into Makro this week they have ideal evesham for what you need £399 Plus Vat 15" TFT All in on printer etc

woodchip 22:39 11 Nov 05

That should be MAKRO

josie mayhem 22:47 11 Nov 05

I would also suggest up-grading memory to 1gb. By doing this, will give you more scope and quickness when editing photo's.

My reasoning for this is, xp mimium is 512mb of memory, on a normal running system this leaves about 390ish mb left to run applications. with a 8mb camera makes a large file, so the extra memory will be well worth it.

woodchip 09:37 12 Nov 05

I only have 256Mb and do Video Editing with this and no problems. However you are better with 512

Nessie 17:14 12 Nov 05

click here
what do you think of this

hssutton 19:41 12 Nov 05

Memory will depend on how you edit your images, if you only do basic editing then 256mb will sufice.

However if you use Photoshop CS2 and do extensive editing using layers, then speaking from experience I would suggest a minimum of 1gb.

Due to my PC slowing done on ocassions when carrying out extensive editing, I have increased the memory to 2gb.

woodchip 19:47 12 Nov 05

The Problem buying from Dell is parts, If they go wrong you have to pay heavy money, as they use parts made just for there computers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…