Evesham Laptop Keyboard - Not Working

matt-few 21:24 08 Feb 06

I am trying to remove the keyboard from my Evesham laptop (Mitac 8555) as the keyboard is not working. Have taken all of the screws in turn, but can't remove the keyboard.

Any sugguestions?

Thanks

Totally-braindead 22:51 08 Feb 06

You could either buy an external USB keyboard which would hopefully override the laptop one or contact Evesham about a repair.

rupie 23:02 08 Feb 06

I do not have an evesahm laptop but to remove the keyboard on my tosh I have to prize off certain non relates plastic covers to show other important fixing screws. I have learnt this trying to find the area to add more RAM, witch is below my keyboard

matt-few 23:55 08 Feb 06

I have bought a USB keyboard which works fine, but would be good just having to carry the laptop and not an additional keyboard around.

I have already spoken to Evesham, the warranty in years 2&3 is labour only so will need to pay for any parts and courier boths ways. The have recommended contacting Mitac UK (they don't supply replacement keyboards) but will charge £100 to replace it plus courier!!

Any ideas where I can get a service manual from as many internet searches have failed in finding one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5