Evesham Laptop 2 dead pixels White & Red

livewire 22:32 06 Feb 04

I have an Evesham laptop with a 15inch screen.

After two months of use 2 dead pixels have appeared one red pixel in the right-center of the screen and one White in the top left corner. I have had the white dead pixel appearing intermittantly from the beginning but now I have a red pixel as well I think I might kick up a fuss....

It is my understanbding that 5 dead pixels are allowed on a 15inch screen. But White or Black dead pixels are not permitted. Is this ture? Should I get my Screen replaced.

As a gamer it is extremly annoying to have a red and white dead pixel on the screen!

Many Thanks

Dean

SEASHANTY 23:01 06 Feb 04

Click on this link for the ISO SPEC 13406-2 in relation to dead pixels
click here

livewire 13:04 07 Feb 04

Thanks for your reply.

Would this apply with a white and black pixel?

Rayuk 13:07 07 Feb 04

Visit the manufacturers website see what their policy is on dead pixels,as different manufacturers have different policies

SEASHANTY 15:28 07 Feb 04

A further piece of info on LCD monitor dead pixels on this website. Suggest you do as Rayuk suggests and contact the mfrs of your laptop to find out their policy on replacement.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…