//some 3rd party need geo

Evesham BigFix

belmore1 15:58 24 Jul 05

Has anyone knowledge of Evesham BigFix and Fixlets?

It's software that enables Evesham to identify potential problems,used to support your computer, forward information, fixes or warnings directly to customers who need it.

Seems a good idea, but before downloading the software I would like some input from the Forum.

Belatucadrus 16:34 24 Jul 05

Bigfix has been around for years, it used to be freeware and some time ago it looked as though development and support had stalled. But from the look of the Bigfix click here and Evesham click here websites, has had a serious makeover since I last looked at it. It now seems to be aimed at asset management and updating for corporate networks. I'm not sure however that it will offer much that the XP home user will need considering what Windows update covers.

Stuartli 19:01 24 Jul 05

BigFix is readily available from click here - you "subscribe" free of charge to appropriate websites and BigFix then reveals what updates, critical updates, patches etc are available for downloading in relation to your system and outlined in Fixlets.

You can download some or all as required direct from BigFix's links, which include Microsoft.

Evesham began to install it on its new systems several years ago and discovered that the demands on its support staff dropped dramatically.

You can download BigFix (consumer edition - click here) from:

click here (last line of page).

belmore1 19:03 24 Jul 05

Thanks for the info Belatucadrus, don't think I'll bother with downloading it.

belmore1 19:06 24 Jul 05

Thanks Stuartli, I bought an Evesham pc a couple of years ago but this is the first time I have heard of BigFix.

Stuartli 19:11 24 Jul 05

It does turn finding/checking out updates etc into a "one shop, one stop" method...:-)

The actual BigFix check for updates is done in a matter of seconds even on dialup.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…