Evesham in administration ?

Whitewing 21:12 22 Aug 07

Was planning to buy new PC from Evesham but heard their going down. They've closed all sales outlets. Does anyone know more? I do a lot of photoshop imaging. Need built to specs PC. XP Professional no Vista Windows. Can anyone advise me? Dell or HP were my second choice or maybe Zoostorm. Need good aftersales support, good warranty, and a machine that I don't have to keep sending back for endless repairs. Spending limit £800. All advice appreciated. Thanks Gemma

skidzy 21:13 22 Aug 07

Great after sales from Novatech click here
Excellent to deal with.

Whitewing 21:25 22 Aug 07

Where are they based. Are they in the London area
Gemma

ventanas 21:38 22 Aug 07

Dell are ok too. You can specify exactly what you want on their site. £800 should get you something decent. But why XP, Vista leaves it standing in all departments. And despite what Adobe may claim I have Photoshop 6; 7 and CS2 on my Vista machine, and no problems.

Whitewing 22:03 22 Aug 07

Does anyone know if they Evesham are crashing.Liquidation.
Out of these PCs please give me your vote for the best or the rest.
Dell
Mesh
Zoostorm
Medion
Fujitsu
HP
Novatech
Others???
Any ideas welcome
Thanks All

woodchip 22:06 22 Aug 07

Computers are like Cars, you can get 9 good ones and 1 bad one. If you get my drift

Stuartli 22:08 22 Aug 07

The Evesham saga is at least six weeks old.

Also see:

click here

woodchip 22:10 22 Aug 07

Main thing with a Computer, is that all Hardware should work Well together, So that when you start loading Software you are less likely to have problems. I have a Home built that is my main Comp running YES 98se a Desktop. Others are a XP Medion Desktop and a XP Medion Laptop

skidzy 22:15 22 Aug 07

No matter what some say,ive always had good service from PC World and Dell.

I believe Novatech are based near Portsmouth.

For best price and a good after sales service,i would probably opt for Dell,they have never let me down.

GANDALF <|:-)> 22:17 22 Aug 07

I've bought many, many computers (100+) and have always used PCWorld and Dell...that speaks volumes.

G

johnem 22:20 22 Aug 07

Novatech have there main factory at Portsmouth with a showroom in Bristol. They certainly provide good sales help. Hopefully wont need the aftersales service. Have only bought graphics card, memomry, mobo and CPU from them so cannot comment on complete systems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…