for everyone that uses Google toolbar

hector 911 12:25 09 May 04

having used this site for some time I have come to respect all the forum members who give their time to solve others problems.

So every now and again I like to add my own bit?

I always thought now and again that something was slowing down my browsing and like most I've ran adware software. Recently I came across another program called SpyWare SmasheR which is free to use, from PopUpStop.com and after running didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, Then after I had read some of the info with it about your browser it mentioned that certain things on your browser can slow it down and one of the objects was Google toolbar!

the software says you can disable this and check to see if any difference to your browsing speed.

Gave it a try and I noticed a difference! it doesn't seem to affect the search engine of google at all.

I haven't registered the product or downloaded any newer updates just used as is.

Sisha 12:28 09 May 04

or a components of the tool bar?

hector 911 12:42 09 May 04

going by the software it must disable a component of google that sends info back. Not to worried about that, but if it slowing down my browser it's better disabled. I've used google since doing this and it works as before.

Diodorus Siculus 12:46 09 May 04

For what it's worth, using either Mozilla or FireFox, one can highlight a word or phrase and by right clicking, do a google search for that word or phrase. They also have a Google search bar built in, as well as a popup stopper.

Andybear 12:51 09 May 04

I installed Google Toolbar about six months ago and haven't noticed a decrease in speed from before I had it.

powerless 12:52 09 May 04

You can do that with the google toolbar in IE.

hector 911 13:01 09 May 04

I thought that before. I had already disabled this option in the toolbar, thats why I thought this won't make a difference? but I tried it for the devil in me and it made a difference, it is the only thing in this software I used!

hector 911 13:05 09 May 04

Oh! as for mozilla I removed this a while back not worth the trouble.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…