Every e-mail arrives twice!

boy_from_the_blackstuff 23:20 13 Feb 05

A colleague was having problems with large amounts of SPAM. I suggested he installed a Spam- blocking program and he now uses McAfee Internet Security with SpamKiller which achieves this.

However since installing this he receives every un-blocked e-mail twice! Better than the SPAM certainly but still fills his inbox more than he would like.I presume that this problem is related to SpamKiller somewhere but I can't find out how. He has updated to a newer version of McAfee Internet Security over the weekend but this problem still happens.

He is running a Windows 98 machine with Outlook Express 6 as his e-mail program via a ClaraNet dial-up account

BH34 09:19 14 Feb 05

If a POP3 mail account is configured to leave a copy of messages on the server (Tools, Accounts, [the account], Properties, Advanced), OE downloads the same messages during a send or receive session. Duplicate message will also be downloaded which can occur if the file Pop3uidl.dbx is corrupted. This file keeps track of which messages on the server have already been downloaded and should therefore be skipped on subsequent downloads, [Q216366] and [Q314578].

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…